Viewing a contact in full screen
James B. Holladay
2009-11-24 05:25:19 UTC
Is there a way or an icon to click which will increase the size of a
contacts image screen to full screen or full desk top? What I am trying to
describe is a mechanism to increase the viewing size to full screen like you
can in Media Player.
I thought I clicked a little icon in the upper right hand corner and the
viewing screen went to full desk top, could I be mistaken?
StephenB
2009-11-24 09:55:49 UTC
Contacts in which program? You cross posted to a slew of newsgroups.
-steve
--
Stephen Boots
MVP Windows Live
***@mvps.org
R. C. White
2009-11-24 20:28:26 UTC
Hi, James.

You are using OE6 to ask this in a newsgroup dedicated to Windows Live
Mail - AND in a lot of other inappropriate newsgroups. Where are you seeing
the behavior you are describing?

In WLM, I can Maximize the Contacts window - or an individual Contact
window - by clicking the square in the upper right corner - just like
anywhere else in Windows - including Media Center. (This is not "Full
Screen", of course; to toggle that on/off we press F11, but that is not
available in these Contacts windows.)

I haven't used WinXP/OE6 in about 3 years but, if I recall correctly, this
behavior was the same. This is the same behavior throughout Windows. So,
what is different about your computer from all the others?

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX
James B. Holladay
2009-11-24 22:38:18 UTC
RC,
What are you talking about, of course I am using OE6, thats where you set up
NewsGroups.
And, I did submit my question in the proper newsgroups, i.e MS Public
Windows Live Messenger, MS Public Windows mail desktop, and MS Public Live
liveid general.
So maybe your answer is inappropriate!!
A simple offering of a solution is all that is required, if not then
silence!!

StephenB
2009-11-25 01:03:05 UTC
James,
RC is simply attempting to understand what program you are trying to maximize
the contacts window display in.
If you mean Contact in Outlook Express, then none of the newsgroups you posted
to is appropriate. If you mean Contacts in Windows Live Mail, then that's the
only newsgroup you should have posted to. If you mean in Windows Live
Messenger...you get the picture.
Windows Live ID doesn't have a "contacts" windows as it isn't a program, but a
service.
Additionally, Windows Live Mail also does newsgroups as it is an upgrade to
Outlook Express/Windows Mail.
So, please clarify what you are looking for - what *specific* program you are
talking about and perhaps a clear answer can be provided.
-steve
***@mvps.org
Bob
2009-11-25 08:09:40 UTC
Post by James B. Holladay
RC,
What are you talking about, of course I am using OE6, thats where you set up
NewsGroups.
***No. You "set up NewsGroups" in whatever application you happen to be
using.
OE is one of several.
Post by James B. Holladay
And, I did submit my question in the proper newsgroups, i.e MS Public
Windows Live Messenger, MS Public Windows mail desktop, and MS Public Live
liveid general.
***No. You did not submit your question to the proper newsgroup.

The newsgroup for OE is microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general.